Monday, July 8, 2019

Laundering My Lamberts!


SO as you can see, my new collection of Janet Lambert books is currently being aired out. I bought them from a friend who is relocating and wanted them to have a good home. I would mention the friend, but I am about to cast aspersions on the smell of her basement. Believe me, honey, it smells better than mine! Those poor books would turn to dust in self-defense if the had to go in my basement. We have a sign on the door that says, "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here." (And my beloved is currently riding an exercise bike down there. He abandoned hope a long time ago...)

So yesterday I bought a new bookcase for these lovelies and am attempting to debasement-ize them. They are in really good shape, but have been in storage for awhile. Since I would rather smell lavender dryer sheets than musty book, I am taking extreme measures! They are on my back porch with a dryer sheet in  and between each book. 

I also have a handful in some plastic boxes with [box 1] baking soda, [box 2] more dryer sheets, and [3] a charcoal bag my beloved keeps in my car in the vain hope that it won't smell terrible all the time.  That's what the internet told me to do. But who trusts that guy?

In other news, have received an AMAZING chronology that Susie Welsh put together for the interrelated books. My plan is to put those in her order and do the rest chronologically.  If you aren't friends with her on facebook and want the list - I will check and see if it is in the public domain. I can't wait to get started!

But first the airing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment