Tuesday, September 29, 2026

MATURAL SELECTION by Clare Edge

YIKES! I need to take some time to catch up on reviews. I will get there... For now, this is the first book I read for the Mass. Teen Choice Book Award committee. 




Well, it was sad and scary but I finished it anyway. It was grippy, I'll give it that. I was into the story right away. I didn't like any of the Megan's particularly, but I really felt for them. I did think they were realistically drawn even with all the WTF-is-going-on? stuff. It definitely skews older what with the opening masturbation, multiple rapes and all the swearing, (okay, in context the swearing doesn't seem that bad) but it also feels quite timely. I second the charm of the Outlaw/Bee relationship. This is not my usual thing, but I'm glad I read it. And I think it will be very empowering for some kids. 

Killer cover, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment